Saturday, August 14, 2010

Run for Your Life







New York Life in downtown Boise put on a very special event for Idaho's Wednesday's Child Program called Run for your Life. This was a run/walk for adults and children, all proceeds going towards Wednesday's Child. This was a very special event to me because of my platform that promotes healthy living.
In the race I handed out water at a station in the park with a lovely family I had met that morning! They had a daughter named Audrey, which is my very favorite name on Earth!

I was also asked to sing the National Anthem at the conclusion of the race. My favorite part of all though, was handing out the awards to the winners of the
races and taking pictures with the kids that were there.











After the event, there was a carnival set up in the parking lot of New York Life, where I played games and made crafts with people from around the valley.

This was a fantastic function and I am so grateful that I was able to be a part of it!

Thank you to New York Life for making Run for Your Life possible and helping out disadvantaged children in Idaho.



Your Friend,
Katy Lootens

No comments:

Post a Comment