Saturday, March 19, 2011

Miss Nampa / Tri-Counties Pageant


Last night was the Miss Tri-Counties/Nampa Pageant held at the Nampa Civic Center. This pageant was very significant because it was where, a year ago, our own Miss Idaho, Kylie Kofoed, was crowned Miss Nampa and given the opportunity to compete at Miss Idaho! Little did Kylie know she would be the one chosen to represent Idaho at the Miss America Pageant only ten months after the Miss Tri-Counties/ Nampa Pageant in 2010. I am so glad she was crowned Miss Nampa that night because I wouldn't have gotten to know and become as close to her as I am now. Last night I was honored to take the opportunity to perform one of my all-time favorite songs, "Lullaby" by Billy Joel for my MIOT director, Jaylee and her new beautiful baby girl, Tinley. During the evening, I was asked to be interviewed up on stage by Miss Idaho, where I talked about my year as Miss Idaho Outstanding Teen and my future plans. The pageant was VERY entertaining that the talent performed was fantastic! All seven of the girls competing looked absolutely gorgeous.
It had to have been extremely difficult for the judges to choose only two new titleholders. Laura Hampikian was crowned our new Miss Nampa 2011, and one of my very close friends and former MIOT, Genevieve Nutting, was crowned Miss Tri-Counties 2011!!!!! It was truly a wonderful evening and I feel so blessed to have been a part of it!

Your Friend,
Katy
MIOT 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment