Monday, June 14, 2010

The Beginning of the Journey of a Lifetime




Oh my goodness! Holy Cow!!!! It was the most incredible weekend of my life and being crowned Miss Idaho Outstanding Teen 2010 made me realize that even one's most spectacular dream can become reality. I am Katy Lootens of Marsing and I feel so blessed, honored, and humbled to represent Idaho, all of it's outstanding teens, and the Miss Idaho Organization. I attend and am student body president of the Idaho Arts Charter School in Nampa and this was my first year competing in MIOT. I went into it with the belief that all things happen for a reason and no matter what happens, it is meant to be and I will have fun doing it! A huge congratulations goes out to our new Miss Idaho 2010, Miss Kylie Kofoed!!!!! She is an amazing and inspirational person and I know that her and I will have so much fun this year.

The most important thing that happened was gaining 22 new best friends. The girls that competed with me were THE most outstanding and lovely individuals I have ever met in my life. Honestly, I cannot express enough the support and love that we all had for one another and the gratitude I have to God for bringing us all together. Pageant week was hard work and quite exhausting, but everyone kept in high spirits. The weekend was especially memorable because of all of the hard work that went into making it the very best production possible! The MIOT directors, Tami and Jaylee, our fabulous hostesses, the men and women who worked backstage, the entire organization, as well as all those who were in the audience supporting us 100%! The experience was such a blast and I can't wait to do it again next year. Between now and then, there is a lot to be done. I plan to do all that I possibly can throughout the year by volunteering, making appearances, and most importantly, working with my platform, Healthy Girls Today, Healthy Women Tomorrow! I also have a lot of preparation for Miss America Outstanding Teen in Orlando, Florida!!! I can't believe all of this! So extremely exciting:) The most important job I will have this year is to be the very best role model I possibly can for the youth, my community, and the state, which is my top priority in all of this. I will wear the MIOT crown with joy and humble gratitude, not for my glory, but for the glory of something much bigger than myself. I am meant to do this for a reason, I just have to serve and trust. I already know that without a doubt, this will be the best year of my life and I am ready to go on the ride of my life. Thank you, thank you, and I will talk to you again very soon!

Your Friend,
Katy
MIOT 2010

P.S. Check this out!! I was featured in my local paper, the Owyhee Avalanche! http://www.owyheepublishing.com/ava_news.php?FPid=639

No comments:

Post a Comment