Sunday, June 27, 2010

Miss Magic Valley Pageant

On Saturday evening, Jaylee and I decided to make a trip to Twin Falls to watch the Miss Magic Valley Pageant, where they gave away two titles, Miss Magic Valley and Miss Canyon Rim. Jaylee and I had a ton of fun and I throughly enjoyed her company. When we arrived at the pageant, a sign was there to tell me that I was meant to be there. The theme of the pageant that night was Audrey Hepburn/ Breakfast at Tiffany's. One fact about me is that since the 4th grade my role model has been Audrey Hepburn. This was something about me that I could not quite explain back when, but as I have learned more about her through the years, I know what was shinning in her so brightly. To this day, she is not my role model just because of her style and grace, but because she used her stature to serve others and be incredibly humble about it. She was always herself and was a true princess. I have also recently learned that she is one of my ancestors and was related to the Lootens family from Belgium! So awesome.

This had to have been a tough competition for the judges to choose a winner because of what strong competitors were in this bunch of talented girls. In the end, Miss Canyon Rim 2009, Heatherly Norman presented the 2010 title to Erin Webster, a prior Miss Idaho Contestant! Erin's platform is "Give Life, GiveBlood". Miss Magic Valley 2009, Courtney Barry handed off the 2010 title to Tysha Federico. You could tell that these girls worked very hard for their titles and did not have easy competition either. They will certainly compete well at Miss Idaho, as did the previous title holders, who both placed in the top ten this year!
There was also a Magic Valley Princess Pageant that was in conjunction with the Miss pageant. I got to see Sierra Norman, who was the previous Miss Magic Valley Princess, as well as my friend and neighbor in the Miss Idaho Outstanding Teen Pageant this year! She is honestly the most polished and put together girl I know and I truly hope she stays in the OT program.

Hope everyone's weekend is going well:)
Your Friend,
Katy Lootens
MIOT 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment