Saturday, June 19, 2010

Meridian Dairy Days Parade!



Wow! When I found out I was going to be in the Meridian Dairy Days Parade, I was thinking that it would be something similar to a parade in Marsing, or even Boise. Little did I know the extent of what was to come... First off, I was informed that I would be getting to ride in my very own rental car for the event, which happened to be a beautiful silver Mustang Convertible!!! The car was generously donated by Image car rentals and sales! The workers there were extremely nice gentlemen. After the car was picked up, my dad, mom, and i drove off into the sunset...well, rather to the parade. Our spot was surprisingly close to the front, and right behind the lovely Miss Meridian herself, Genevieve Nutting. Miss Boise, Amanda Richey, and Miss Treasure Valley, Monique Shall, were also in the parade representing the Boise area. When the parade got started, I immediately discovered one of the most fun parts about being MIOT. The children watching were so thrilled about the entire parade and they had the most joyous looks on their faces I had ever seen in one place. For miles there were hundreds, if not thousands of beautiful smiles on little faces. This was the most perfect way for God to display two of his most precious gifts, life and joy. I was smiling ear to ear the whole time and my cheeks became very sore, but it was all worth it. I waved and waved, and practically everyone waved back! I was completely shocked and deeply moved when the young kids would point and say "look it's a princess!" I guess it's not always just your dad that calls you a princess:) I made it a point to call those little girls princesses as well because that is exactly what they are. The Meridian Dairy Days Parade will be an event that I will always remember and hold dear to my heart. I loved it! Thank you Meridian.

Your Friend,
Katy Lootens
MIOT 2010

1 comment: