Saturday, July 17, 2010

Miss Western Idaho





On the 15th of July, the Miss Western Idaho and Miss West River Valley Pageant took place in Weiser. I was really looking forward to coming to this pageant becausethis would be my first performance at a local pageant. I was very pleased with how accommodating and friendly the people were who ran the Western Idaho program. Whenever I see these volunteer board members for Miss Idaho, I am just in awe of their unending work and how much they sacrifice for the young women in the program. They put in their time and efforts because they genuinely care about us and believe in everything that the Miss America Organization does, as do those of us who participate and support it. These are remarkable people that we can trust to help guide and encourage us, not only throughout our year of service, but also throughout the rest of our lives. My year is still only in its beginning stages and I can already tell you that I am and always will be grateful for my directors and the warm and welcoming hearts on the Miss Idaho Board of Directors.

Miss Western Idaho 2010, Carley Campo crowned
Elizabeth Richins
of Weiser with the new 2011 title. She performed a fantastic piano piece and her platform is "Music Matters." Chelacie Fife of Fruitland was crowned Miss West River Valley by Jessica Richardson. Chelacie did an amazing contemporary dance that she choreographed herself! She happens to be one of my friends that I used to dance with, so when she won I was extremely excited! Both of the girls who won are very talented and deserving of their titles. It is espeacially neat to me that when two titles are given at a pageant, the bond that the two
titleholders have becomes a very strong friendship and makes the whole experience even more special. I can't wait to see the growth of their friendship by the time for Miss Idaho next year!

I also got to see one of my friends from the 2010 Miss Idaho Outstanding Teen Pageant! Ashley Shultz is one of the most humble and kind spirited girls I know. Honestly, if there was a definition for "beautiful inside and out" in the dictionary,
I'm pretty sure Ashley's picture would be right beside it. She is now the very first Miss Western Idaho Outstanding Teen!




Your Friend,
Katy Lootens
MIOT 2010

If you or someone you know is between the ages of 13-17 and is interested in being an outstanding teen for your area, log onto www.idahooutstandingteen.com for more information!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you enjoyed this event a lot - fun that Chelacie won!

    ReplyDelete