Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Seattle Visit and The Pageant

Last week I took a trip up to Seattle to initially record the rest of my album that will be coming out this fall!!! The week was completely full and I spent it with my Aunt Cheryl and Uncle Joe. The first few days we spent at their cabin on the beach, which was very relaxing. When we got back to their house, it was time to hit the city and start recording hardcore at Diskeyes Productions and Clatter Studios! The music that is on my album is a mixture of Celtic and Classical selections and I am so excited to see and hear the complete product! My aunt Cheryl runs the Mercer Island Children's Choir and has worked in the recording industry for many years as well as been a performer in the Seattle Opera Company! When her and I get together we have a blast working on music, shopping, and going on long refreshing walks, talking about everything.

The timing of the Miss Washington pageant happened to work out perfectly and correspond well with the schedule for the week and I was able to make an appearance there! The day of the pageant, I met a new friend, whose name was also Katy! But it got stranger.... she also goes to an arts school, like me, has one sibling, a brother who is 22, like my brother, and she is 17 years old....like me!! It was quite a coincidence; but the largest difference between us was that she actually lives in London. She was just in Seattle visiting her aunt, who happened to play the violin on my album! That afternoon, Katy, Aunt Cheryl, and myself, went shopping downtown. We went to Bebe, Nordstom, and my ultimate favorite of all time, Betsey Johnson!!! I was first introduced to Betsey by my aunt when I was in the 7th grade and have been addicted to her fun and feminine fashions ever since. I have even gone as far as applying to the actual university that she attended, so maybe her brilliance will rub off on me.

That evening, we went to the pageant and it was quite an exciting event! The crowd was very into what they were spectating. It was, by far, the loudest and most energized audience I had ever been a part of at a pageant! I was also able to meet the contestants of Miss Washington's Outstanding Teen and MWOT herself, Victoria Renard. She was such a sweet girl whom I can't wait to get to know more at nationals! Miss Idaho, Kylie Kofed, did a phenomenal performance that night, as well as the hysterical act of Miss Washington 2009, Devanni Partridge. In the end, The Miss Washington 2010 title went to Miss Greater Vancouver, Jacquie Brown. Congratulations Jacquie!!
I had such a lovely time at the pageant, thank you to the Miss Washington Organization for welcoming Miss Idaho and I to the event.

















Your Friend,
Katy Lootens
MIOT 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment